Thursday, July 13, 2006

Governor Richardson to Visit Washington This Weekend

I received confirmation earlier today that Governor Richardson will be in Washington this weekend. According to the Yakima Herald, he'll be holding a town hall meeting on Saturday in Sunnyside (15th LD) to rally Democrats and get out the hispanic vote.

On Sunday, he'll be in Seattle hosting an exclusive meeting for progressive/Democratic bloggers in Washington. It will be a great opportunity opportunity to talk with Governor Richardson about issues important to our state and to introduce him to our progressive blogosphere. And yes, I'll be there.

For more information on Governor Richardson please visit Bill Richardson for New Mexico or the Governor's official state website. Or you can just keep coming back here for the latest.

4 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Daniel Kirkdorffer said...

So exactly how does a local progressive blogger get an invite to this exclusive meeting?

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, was wondering the same thing - where is this meeting and how do get invited?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ken Camp said...

Daniel has been invited (pure oversight on my part, nothing intentional). I even asked my fellow bloggers to check my list and let me know if anyone was missing, so if your name wasn't on the list, it wasn't intentional. If you're a progressive blogger and you're interested in attending, send me an e-mail at ken at kencamp dot net, along with your URL for your blog and I'll get back to you with information. I'll be leaving Olympia at 1pm, so send your e-mail before then.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,
Thank you so much for responding - I'm not a progressive blogger, so no worries on the invite list - wasn't sure if it was just open to the general public... I'm just interested in asking Gov. Richardson about the possibility that he would ever outlaw cockfighting in NM - I know, crazy, but I'm a campaigner for a national animal organization working on that issue - a roundabout way of getting some information!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home