Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mr. Richardson Comes to Washington

Governor Richardson met with Washington state bloggers earlier today. Emmett was first with a post, so I'm going to link to him until I can get my own thoughts into words.

I walked into the meeting already impressed with Governor Richardson, but walked out even more impressed. Usually, a man with Richardson's credentials will sit there and tell you what's on his mind. One reason Bill Richardson is a great leader is because he listens to people, and genuinely cares about what they have to say, and he showed that today.

The governor gave us about 40 minutes of his time and covered a broad range of topics, and despite the efforts of his staff and my efforts to help them (as Emmett briefly covered in his post), Governor Richardson was late to his next meeting because he wasn't ready for our discussion to end.

I'll have more thoughts as soon as my schedule allows me to compile them on here, but you should also check out America for Richardson for Emmett's thoughts on the meeting.

Update: Will over at Pike Place Politics also has a post up, and he thinks the Governor might have what it takes to win in 2008.
While I'm officially undecided for 2008, I like what Richardson brings to the table. He's a dynamic governor with White House level experience, and is also Hispanic, which is one of the fastest growing segments of the electorate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home