Sunday, January 28, 2007

Richardson Coverage in Nevada

The Reno Gazette Journal has the coverage of Governor Richardson's weekend trip to Nevada.

Richardson Makes First Campaign Stop

Acknowledging the importance of Nevada's role in the 2008 presidential election, New Mexico governor and Democratic hopeful Bill Richardson made Reno his first official campaign stop Saturday since announcing he was creating an exploratory committee.

"I want to be the first candidate for president who has accepted invitations to Nevada's two debates; the first one (Feb. 21) in Carson City and the health care forum in Las Vegas" on March 24, Richardson told a crowd of about 50 supporters at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.

2 Presidential Hopefuls In Northern Nevada
But Richardson is the only Westerner among the many candidates. While not sure he can carry Nevada, he said he’s dealt with Western issues such as water and public lands and “our next president must understand these unique challenges facing the American West.”
“I have to do well in Nevada,” he said when asked how critical the state’s caucus is to his candidacy.

“I know I’m the underdog, but I’m going to outwork the other candidates,” Richardson said. “Nevada is going to be a critically important state because of its early caucus. I’m going to campaign very hard, door to door. I’m after voters, not big endorsements.”
“I’m a fellow Westerner,” he said. “The main issues today require someone with the background and heart, and I believe I have the best qualifications.”
Emmett also has a post over at America for Richardson with coverage from an Edwards supporter in Nevada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home