Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ask Bill

You've got questions, and Governor Bill Richardson has answers. He's cutting out the middleman and bringing his campaign live and direct to your home. Below is the text of an e-mail Governor Richardson just sent to supporters. Click the icon on the right sidebar to ask Bill Richardson your question.

Dear Ken,

Monday night's CNN/YouTube debate was a breath of fresh air. Finally, it was the people, not media personalities, deciding what to ask.

But good, honest questions are not enough if you never get a chance to answer them.

I couldn't be happier with the answers I gave and the stands I took, but this song and dance is getting old. Every time we have a major media outlet debate, two or three of the candidates get most of the questions and most of the time while every other candidate is left with a fraction of the time, and a fraction of the questions. And some of the most important questions go unanswered.

I think there is a better way. Rather than trying to make the old media change their ways, I'm going to go straight to the source: you.

Today we've launched a new feature on our campaign site that we're calling "Ask Bill." I love answering questions, and I love talking directly to people, so that is exactly what "Ask Bill" will be -- direct questions, direct answers, directly to you.

Just direct answers to direct questions. Submit your "Ask Bill" question now.

I wish I could get to every living room in this country, shake every voter's hand, and talk about the issues that matter in the campaign. But I can't, so I'm doing the next best thing.

We're going to upend the status quo and skip the media middleman. Direct questions, direct answers. That is the strategy we've been using in living rooms and meeting rooms across the country -- and our rising poll numbers show it's working.

Want to know more about my experience negotiating with the world's toughest dictators? You won't get that answer on the CNN debate -- but you will from "Ask Bill." Want to know my favorite flavor of ice cream? I'll take that question too. ¿Quiere saber cómo aumentaré el sueldo de maestros? Pregúnteme ahora- en inglés o en español- y contestaré en cualquiera.

Have a question for me? Ask it -- submit your "Ask Bill" question on the website now.

I want to let everyone know exactly where I stand and what I will do as President.

You just have to ask.

Bill Richardson

PS: Our position of bringing home ALL of our troops from Iraq keeps gaining ground. Today in the Financial Times, President Clinton's former national security adviser agreed with my long-standing assessment that leaving a large force of residual troops in Iraq will severely undermine our ability to use diplomacy to bring regional stability to the Middle East. Soon everyone will be with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home